Sustainable supervision of interests
The main task of Finnish Energy (ET) is to promote the operating conditions and competitiveness of its member companies. Supervision of interests means activities having an impact on the formation of policies, legislation, decision-making by various institutions and the media. It may consist of:
- dissemination of correct information to
decision-makers in support of their projects
- increasing social acceptability of their projects
Code of conduct
Supervision of interests must be open, honest and ethically acceptable.
ET’s supervision of interests is based on solid expertise and facts, and on integrity based on these. Matters that reflect negatively on us must be acknowledged. Failing to communicate about this information would be regarded as being dishonest.
ET does not hand out gifts that may have an impact on decision-making or result in some degree of dependence between the parties.
Finnish Energy is registered in the transparency register operated jointly by the European Parliament and the European Commission. Our identification number is 68861821910-84.
7 theses for sustainable supervision of interests
- A lobbyist is the best support for a decision-maker
- It is too late to build relations when they are needed
- Good preparation is half the battle
- Know ET’s opinions and statistical facts related to your issue
- You can lose someone’s trust only once
- Genuinely believe in the matter you are representing
- Never give up